[SciPy-dev] adopting Python Style Guide for classes

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed Oct 3 17:18:26 CDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 03:51:08PM -0400, Perry Greenfield wrote:
> Yeah, I know, but the thing that wasn't obvious is which module is
> listed when the error is raised. If the warning is raised in numpy,
> isn't that the module it is associated with? After all, how does it
> know where in the call stack you really are interested in associating
> that error with? Or does the warnings module see if that module you
> have listed is in the call tree rather than the warning originating
> in that module? From the PEP and online docs, it seems that module is
> associated with the place the warning is raised. That would work ok,
> but it means you turn it off for everything, not just your code,
> right?

A person can also filter out messages by category, for example
suppress all warnings that are subclasses of
numpy.APIDeprecationWarning.  That way, you can still see all "normal"
warnings raised.

Regards
Stéfan