[SciPy-dev] build error on OSX 10.3

Sun Oct 14 03:32:20 CDT 2007

John Hunter wrote:
> I have OS X 10.3 installation w/ python2.5, and am trying to build
> scipy r3435 and am getting the following build error.  Any ideas?

Someone else had the same problem:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/510

This seems to be 10.3 specific (it does not appear on 10.4). The problem
seems to be that on panther, veclib does not define the complex type. If
you know where to get information on the veclib, I would be grateful,
because I didn't find a lot of information (in general, I find the
documentation on apple frameworks/libs really sparse, or maybe I just do
not know where to look).

cheers,

David