[SciPy-dev] scikits svn doesn't work?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Oct 15 11:48:30 CDT 2007

dmitrey wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have some problems with svn, when I try to commit or update, it yields
> (for example, for ralg.py):
>
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for
> 'http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scikits/trunk/openopt/scikits/openopt/solvers/UkrOpt/ralg.py'
> or (if I call from upper level)
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for
> 'http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scikits/trunk/openopt/scikits/openopt/solvers'
>
> Any idea?

Are you using Ubuntu? Do you have feisty-proposed as one of your apt
repositories? A broken subversion dpkg was uploaded to feisty-proposed in the
past couple of days. It's missing the plugin that lets you access http:// SVN
repositories. Downgrade to the version in feisty: 1.4.3dfsg1-1ubuntu1.

This convinced me not to use the *-proposed repositories anymore.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco