[SciPy-dev] Illegal instruction in ndimage test

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Fri Oct 19 09:03:16 CDT 2007

Hi,

> Yes, sure, arrays of function pointers are nothing unusual. But for some
> time, I was really wondering how could a preprocessor symbol refer to
> itself (it did not, it was just a function). I still do not understand
> how a function pointer can generate invalid opcode (the error message
> seems to appear only with gcc 4.2, not with 4.1, which is still really
> common), though.

Well, simply deleting those #define lines allow the code to compile
without warnings and all the tests pass.  Can anyone who understands
this better than me have a guess as to whether deleting these lines
will have some adverse effect I am not anticipating?

Matthew