[SciPy-dev] scipy sparse documentation

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Fri Oct 26 10:31:28 CDT 2007

On 10/26/07, dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko@scipy.org> wrote:
> could you inform me where is the most appropriate documentation of using
> sparse matrices?

I think this is the best we currently have:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/sparse/info.py

We should probably add some information about the indptr,indices, and
data arrays which  constitute the CSR/CSC formats.

Let us know if anything else is missing.

> in FAQ there are 2 packages mentioned: sparse and sandbox pysparse.
> What about the latter - will it be next default scipy sparse toolbox or
> the one is obsolete?
> http://www.scipy.org/FAQ?highlight=%28sparse%29

PySparse was dropped a few months ago, so scipy.sparse is the only option.

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com