[SciPy-dev] openopt (prelimenary) announce

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Thu Sep 6 13:55:33 CDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Matthieu Brucher apparently wrote:
> I don't know exactly how much you wrote (in terms of
> number of caracters), but I don't think that "most of the
> code" is the right locution. You can perhaps write that it
> was written by both of us ?

I think Dmitrey makes a conceptual distinction
between the OpenOpt framework and the optimizers
it relies on. Your project he referred to here as
GenericOpt. (Your name?) I think this distinction
captures well where the two of you put your main efforts?
I realize now that I made that distinction as well, so I did
not "stumble" where you did in reading it.  This in fact may
be a bit confusing, so a proper rephrasing is needed.  Sorry
for missing that.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac