[SciPy-dev] new tagged release (SciPy 0.6.0)

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Fri Sep 14 19:11:02 CDT 2007

Hey everyone,

I have tagged the SciPy 0.6.0 release.  You can get it here:
http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/tags/0.6.0

I will be getting packages from the packagers over the next few days.
Once I have the binary packages, I will make an official announcement
(including updating the websites and sending out emails).

The announcement that I have now is:
-------------------------------------
I'm pleased to announce the release of SciPy 0.6.0.  SciPy is package of tools
for science and engineering for Python. It includes modules for statistics,
optimization, integration, linear algebra, Fourier transforms, signal and image
processing, ODE solvers, and more.

This release brings many bugfixes and speed improvements.  It is recommend
that all user's upgrade.

Major changes since 0.5.2.1:

 * cluster
     - cleaned up kmeans code and added a kmeans2 function
        that adds several initialization methods
 * fftpack
     - fft speedups for complex data
     - major overhaul of fft source code for easier maintenance
 * interpolate
     - add Lagrange interpolating polynomial
     - fix interp1d so that it works for higher order splines
 * io
     - read and write basic .wav files
 * linalg
     - add Cholesky decomposition and solution of banded
        linear systems with Hermitian or symmetric matrices
     - add RQ decomposition
 * ndimage
     - port to NumPy API
     - fix byteswapping problem in rotate
     - better support for 64-bit platforms
 * optimize
     - a lot of bugfixes and modernization
 * signal
     - add complex Morlet wavelet
 * sparse
     - significant performance improvements

Thank you to everybody who contributed to the recent release.

Enjoy,

Please let me know if you think I am missing anything important.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley