[SciPy-dev] GSoC: Time Series Analysis

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Mon Apr 7 22:18:17 CDT 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Robert Kern apparently wrote:
> Rather, as a volunteer mentor for the PSF, you along with
> all of the other PSF volunteer mentors, will collaborate
> to select projects. The SciPy project itself does not
> select any projects except through various volunteer
> mentors being who choose to be involved in the PSF's
> process.

Thanks for that clarification, which matches what
I partially deduced from the discussions.

I find the process a bit odd, it that the SciPy project has
no formal voice as a project but rather only through the
participating mentors.  Last year I was recruited to mentor,
so I was a bit puzzled this year by the lack of guidance
when I volunteered.  Oh well, I'll adapt.

Thanks,
Alan