[SciPy-dev] Status of sandbox.spline and my other code.

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Tue Apr 8 08:18:58 CDT 2008

> The code in sandbox.spline should be a complete replacement for the
> code in scipy.interpolate.fitpack and fitpack2 including the f2py
> wrappers of the fitpack fortran code (i.e. replacing the hand crafted
> c wrappers). Apart from using only f2py, a number of improvements were
> made to the docstrings and error checking and some bugs fixed and
> quite a few unit tests added.

This should also make it easier to add wrappers for additional
functions from the dierckx code, no? E.g. I now use hand-made wrappers
for 'insert' to convert splines to Bezier curves (for graphic output)
using knot insertion, but it would be nice to just have that f2py'd.

Zach