[SciPy-dev] Status of sandbox.spline and my other code.

John Travers jtravs@gmail....
Tue Apr 8 09:48:38 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus@yale.edu> wrote:
> > The code in sandbox.spline should be a complete replacement for the
>  > code in scipy.interpolate.fitpack and fitpack2 including the f2py
>  > wrappers of the fitpack fortran code (i.e. replacing the hand crafted
>  > c wrappers). Apart from using only f2py, a number of improvements were
>  > made to the docstrings and error checking and some bugs fixed and
>  > quite a few unit tests added.
>
>  This should also make it easier to add wrappers for additional
>  functions from the dierckx code, no? E.g. I now use hand-made wrappers
>  for 'insert' to convert splines to Bezier curves (for graphic output)
>  using knot insertion, but it would be nice to just have that f2py'd.

It doesn't make it much easier, because some functions are using f2py
in the original
module anyway. But more consistent/easier to maintain. BTW I added the
insert wrapper using
f2py to the sandbox version of the code about a year ago (when you
first posted your patches I think).
I also have wrappers for some other dierckx functions, which I'll add
when I get time.

Cheers,
John