[SciPy-dev] help: wrapping generalized symmetric evp functions

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Tue Apr 8 13:24:22 CDT 2008

On Tue, April 8, 2008 9:03 pm, Robert Kern wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> wrote:
>> On Tue, April 8, 2008 4:14 pm, Robert Cimrman wrote:
>>
>>  > Does it mean that scipy.linalg should be updated to use the wrappers
>> in
>>  > scipy.lib.lapack?
>>
>>  Yes. And wrappers in scipy.linalg can be gradually removed, may be
>>  providing some backward compatibility hooks in case some user code
>>  uses scipy.linalg lapack wrappers.
>>
>>  The same applies to blas wrappers.
>
> Can you specify a deadline as to when you will commit to getting this
> done?

It is difficult to say for me, I'd like to do that as soon as possible
but at the moment I don't have resources for it. The task itself should be
simple to carry out (most of it is copy and paste) but it also requires
careful testing which might take more time as some signatures may
be slightly different in scipy.lib.lapack, iirc.
I know that in the coming two months I'll be busy, so let's set the
deadline after that.. unless I'll take a weekend but I will not promise
that now.

Pearu