[SciPy-dev] [scikits] openopt SVN instable for the moment

Tue Apr 8 14:42:07 CDT 2008

Hi,

The current repository head of openopt is unstable because we are in the
process of enhancing its behaviour:
- There will be a registry where everyone will be able to... register its
own openopt compatible wrapper of an optimizer. This way, the burden of
developing these wrappers will not only rely on dmitrey, everyone will be
able to write and test new ones for one's favorite solver
- The sys.path list will not be modified by openopt anymore (ticket #50 on
the scikits trac). This should make "python setup.py develop" possible.

We have to check every solver so that it makes the correct imports and add
it to the openopt registry, and then everything should be fine. Currently
only the standalone solvers are available (I don't have the other packages
installed).

Matthieu
--
French PhD student