[SciPy-dev] [scikits] openopt SVN instable for the moment

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko@scipy....
Tue Apr 8 15:08:53 CDT 2008

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current repository head of openopt is unstable because we are in
> the process of enhancing its behaviour:
> - There will be a registry where everyone will be able to... register
> its own openopt compatible wrapper of an optimizer. This way, the
> burden of developing these wrappers will not only rely on dmitrey,
> everyone will be able to write and test new ones for one's favorite solver
The problem is I just mere don't see those dozens of people with willing
to contribute sufficient solvers to OO. Some people answered they could
do it in the sake of money, but it's inappropriate neither to me no to
others.

> - The sys.path list will not be modified by openopt anymore (ticket
> #50 on the scikits trac). This should make "python setup.py develop"
> possible.
I still think the path issue must be done in more far future.

> We have to check every solver so that it makes the correct imports and
> add it to the openopt registry, and then everything should be fine.
I still don't think it's a good idea

> Currently only the standalone solvers are available (I don't have the
> other packages installed).

Regards, D.