[SciPy-dev] Add bz2 support to io.mmio [not tested] <--

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Fri Apr 11 04:25:37 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Anne Archibald
>  <peridot.faceted@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  The effort required to write unittests is also fairly minimal: I
>  >  always need to test my code anyway to see if it works, so it's fairly
>  >  easy to just put my tests in numpy's test harness framework.  (My only
>  >  complaint is that it's not always as easy as it might be to tell
>  >  whether my tests are actually being run.)
>
>  Hopefully, the switch to nose
>  (http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/) will help solve
>  the problem with making sure all the tests are actually being run.

I am not sure anyone is sure all the tests are actually being run, and
let me say -- at least in Debian, there were always been failures (or
at least some weird warnings) with last two released versions of
scipy. That is of course very bad. But we all know that, so hopefully
we'll improve in the future.

Ondrej