[SciPy-dev] F2PY future

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Fri Apr 11 11:36:35 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> wrote:

>  However, there are rumours of cleaning up scipy/numpy from extension
>  generation tools and so in long term, f2py may need to look for another
>  home.

Do you mean that NumPy/SciPy would no longer include f2py source code
or that NumPy/SciPy would no longer use extension generation tools at
all?

>  So, I wonder if a hosting could be provided for f2py? Say, in a
>  form of f2py.scipy.org or www.f2py.org? I am rather ignorant about these
>  matters, so any help will be appreciated.

If you haven't done so already, register f2py.org immediately (and
possibly the .com as well).  Many registration services (e.g.
godaddy.com) allow you to forward the URL to another URL.  For
instance, http://pyamg.org currently redirects to
http://code.google.com/p/pyamg/.  If you chose to run your own host in
the future, then you can just point the DNS record for your domain to
the host's IP.

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/