[SciPy-dev] Inclusion of cython code in scipy

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Wed Apr 23 10:10:38 CDT 2008

Hi,

>  >  It seems to me likely, especially from what I hear about cython in
>  >  SAGE, that cython is going to be a very important tool for scientific
>  >  python, and could well be absolutely central.
>
>  I wouldn't look to SAGE for an unbiased assessment on that point.
>  They already have a vested interest in Cython, we don't.

Well, I haven't talked to the SAGE people directly, but in any case, I
think their interest is the same as ours - moving
difficult-to-maintain C code out into easy-to-maintain cython code.

Best,

Matthew