[SciPy-dev] Inclusion of cython code in scipy

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Wed Apr 23 11:28:38 CDT 2008

>  If it helps any, I'm not a Cython proponent, just a student that (1)
>  wanted to work on some numerical software and (2) needed some income
>  over the summer, so I proposed to do some of the items listed on the
>  NumPy/SciPy wish lists, which happened to mention Cython. :)
>
>  If using Cython isn't acceptable to the SciPy/NumPy community at large
>  (i.e., if I'm going to work on something for 2-3 months that won't
>  ever be committed), then it would be nice to know that up front.  I
>  can either choose to use other tools, or do some work to help make
>  using Cython less of a pain.  Either way is fine with me, of course.

Overall the support for using cython in scipy/numpy is immense.
People are _very_ excited about your GSoC project.  I don't think
there is another approach you could use other than cython that would
enable you to do all the things you have proposed in such a short
period of time.

Cheers,

Brian