[SciPy-dev] Interesting ARPACK branch

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Fri Apr 25 17:06:20 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Neilen Marais <nmarais@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>  I've found that figuring out what is the latest ARPACK release and
>  weather you've got all the newest patches installed is quite a mission.
>  It seems someone has take up a little of the the maintainership issue:
>
>  http://mathema.tician.de/software/arpack
>
>  Might be useful to pull the ARPACK code for future scipy releases from
>  there.

Thanks for the pointer.  It's surprising that such a well-known
package would be without an official maintainer.  I don't know which
version of the ARPACK code we're using in sparse.linalg, but we should
definitely look carefully at the upstream option(s) before addressing
any bugs ourselves.

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/