[SciPy-dev] dae solvers

Benny Malengier benny.malengier@gmail....
Fri Aug 22 05:23:43 CDT 2008

Hello,

I need a differential algebraic equation solver, and did not see this
already in scipy.
I started a new module, dae.py, based on ode.py to interface with ddaspk.f
and possibly also lsodi.f from netlib.org (less good, but there is a patch
in the tracker)

I think this approach is better than the patch given in
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/615 for lsodi, as DAE
essentially mean to solve for
G(y', y, t) =0 and does not fit in the y' = f(y,t) scheme needed for ode.py

Is there broader interest for this? That is, should I take the extra effort
to create a nice patch for scipy. Time is money and all that.

Benny Malengier