[SciPy-dev] [mailinglist] Re: NNLS

Uwe Schmitt uschmitt@mineway...
Thu Aug 28 08:23:06 CDT 2008

Alan Isaac worte:
>Uwe Schmitt wrote:
>>/ The NNLS code is now via SVN at
/>>/           http://public.procoders.net/nnls/nnls_with_f2py/
/>>/ How can I contribute this code now ?
/
>Did you get the needed information for this?

No. But I had some problems receiving mails from
this list, maybe my spamfilter ate them.

>>/ Is there further any interest in code for
/>>/  * ICA (Independent componenent ananlysis) ?
/>>/    I wrapped existing C-Code with f2py.

/>>/  * NMF/NNMA (nonnegative matrix factorization / - approximation) ?
/>>/    which is pure Python/numpy code.
/

>I'd like to see the latter find its way into SciPy.

Nice. I'm just playing with it and try to implement some
variations as Sparse NNMA...

>(I'm not familiar with ICA; what's the application
>area?)

ICA means "Independent Component Analysis" which can be
used for solving the cocktailparty problem or for blind
deconvolution.
Look at http://www.procoders.net/?p=30 for further
information.

Greetings, Uwe

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt
F&E Mathematik

mineway GmbH
Science Park 2
D-66123 Saarbrücken

Telefon: +49 (0)681 8390 5334
Telefax: +49 (0)681 830 4376

uschmitt@mineway.de
www.mineway.de

Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Mathias Bauer
Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRB 12339