[SciPy-dev] Roadmap scipy 0.7

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Thu Aug 28 14:50:23 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I am super busy this week, but I plan to focus on release issues this
> weekend.  Basically, I will be tagging a 1.2.0rc1 this weekend and a
> scipy 0.7.0a1.  NumPy is basically ready to release, but SciPy needs
> more testing.  We will need to make sure that we have a binary release
> of scipy that works with numpy 1.2, but I haven't had a chance to look
> into that.  If you wanted to verify whether the scipy 0.6 release
> works with numpy 1.2 that would be useful information to have.

For what it's worth, the SciPy-0.6.0 tarball seems to work with the
current NumPy trunk without much trouble on my Linux machine.  The
tests emit a lot of DeprecationWarnings, and 5 tests fail (but 3 of
those fail with the SciPy trunk as well).  The two tests that fail
under 0.6.0 but not the trunk are:

test_fromimage (scipy.tests.test_pilutil.test_pilutil)
check_rvs (scipy.stats.tests.test_distributions.test_rv_discrete)