[SciPy-dev] How to test for easy_install scipy from sources ?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Mon Dec 1 07:39:07 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 04:02:04PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
>>     I would like to see if I fixed the following issue:
>
>> http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/801
>
>> Problem is, I don't know how easy_install is used for something not
>> released on pypi ?
>
> Use the -f switch of easy_install to point to a local directory on your
> box where you build an egg, an simply put a source tar.gz.
>
> GaËl

I usually just do
 easy_install filename,
when I have either source archive or egg distribution downloaded, or
created myself

on windowsXP:
I have a .bat file in SendTo, with

C:\Programs\Python24\Scripts\easy_install-script.py -U %1

Right click source archive or egg file in Windows Explorer, and send
to this bat file. This will easy_install it.

Josef