[SciPy-dev] tagging 0.7rc1 this weekend?

Tiziano Zito opossumnano@gmail....
Tue Dec 2 03:52:41 CST 2008

> I would like to get 0.7.0 out ASAP.  Is there any objection to tagging
> a release candidate this weekend?  Are there any major regressions or
> release blockers that I should be aware of?

well, what about
#800 : numpy's test_poly1d_nan_roots is broken if scipy.linalg is imported
#243: linalg.qr to take mode argument
both have one or more fixes possible, a decision is needed.

another IMO seriuos problem:
#794: linalg.eig segmentation fault on unpickled arrays
there's no fix to that one.

#630: Support for generalized symmetric eigenvalue problem in SciPy
can be closed.

#593: flapack.error: ((lwork==-1) || (lwork>=MAX(1,8*n))) failed for 3rd keyword lwork
can be closed.

#632: Matrix gallery aka test matrices
should be scheduled for 0.8 (I also have some code for that).

#585: scipy.linalg.pinv() returns array when input is matrix
the fix seems easy in this case, but I think a decision is needed.

#492: Problem in linalg.svd ?
no fix. (but does the problem still exists?)

I can work on some of these tickets if needed.

ciao,
tiziano