[SciPy-dev] tagging 0.7rc1 this weekend?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Dec 3 14:00:53 CST 2008

Mon, 01 Dec 2008 22:16:48 -0800, Jarrod Millman wrote:
> I would like to get 0.7.0 out ASAP.  Is there any objection to tagging a
> release candidate this weekend?  Are there any major regressions or
> release blockers that I should be aware of?

Maybe this should be resolved before the release (from the users list):

Matthew Brett wrote:
> > def ks_2samp(data1, data2):
> >     """ Computes the Kolmogorov-Smirnof statistic on 2 samples.  Modified
> >     from Numerical Recipies in C, page 493.  Returns KS D-value, prob.  Not
> >     ufunc- like.
>
> Wait - really?  We can't use Numerical Recipes code, it has strict and
> incompatible licensing...  If it's in there it really has to come out as
> fast as possible.

According to svn log, the code for these functions originates from way
back, r71 travo 2001-06-25 18:20:52. Apparently much of the module is
written using NR as a reference, though I haven't checked if the code
is similar.

--
Pauli Virtanen