[SciPy-dev] Scipy Tutorial (and updating it)

Thu Dec 4 03:39:44 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 10:25:36AM +0100, R. Bastian wrote:
> > I think the tutorial would be much more usable if it were broken up
> > into different pages (each as a separate .rst file).

> No !

> It's only easier for those not needing a tutorial ;-)

I don't agree. Long HTML pages are bad practice, every web designer will
tell you that (http://webstyleguide.com/page/length.html,
http://www.astrodigital.org/digital/shortvslongpages.html,
http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/biggest-mistakes-in-web-design-1995-2015.html

The good rule should be: one subject by pages, pages a few screen long
maximum.

If you want a long document, you need the pdf. That's why we use Sphinx.

Gaël