[SciPy-dev] Scipy Tutorial (and updating it)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Dec 4 09:14:50 CST 2008

Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:01:26 -0500, Alan G Isaac wrote:
[clip]
> 1. It should be trivial to modify the writer to write sections to
> separate files.  Many projects offer both a fragmented HTML document and
> a complete one, allowing users to follow their tastes.

I don't think it's that trivial; you'd have to take care that cross-
references, the search, index, table of contents, etc. still work
properly. I believe HTML splitting has come up one the Sphinx mailing
list, but don't remember what was the outcome. If you want to take a shot
at this, I'd believe the Sphinx author wouldn't object to including the
feature.

The RST files are easier to handle if the document is split into parts,
so I'm going to split them. It should be fairly easy to generate a single-
page tutorial by combining them using the include:: directive, so we can
do also that if some people really object to reading the tutorial in
smaller pieces.

--
Pauli Virtanen