[SciPy-dev] Scipy Tutorial (and updating it)

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu Dec 4 09:44:13 CST 2008

Just to provide my comment on search:

Compared to a windows helpfile, and single page search, sphinx search
is very slow, especially when I'm on on online connection.
I, now, got used to np.lookfor because it is much faster than trying
to get through the online help.

I like the new Sphinx docs a lot if I have to look up a specific
topic, but when I don't know which function might be useful for my
case, then the overview and speed of looking around is pretty tedious,
compared to the windows help files for matlab or R.
(As an aside: I actually like the style sheet of the documentation
editor better than sphinx.)

I haven't tried yet to generate my own numpy, scipy docs, since they
are makefile based, and I didn't want to spend the time to figure out
how to use the build scripts on windows, but a windows helpfile is on
my wish/todo list, since sphinx makes it very easy to do.

Josef