[SciPy-dev] Scipy Tutorial (and updating it)

Thu Dec 4 16:53:49 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 10:45:04PM +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> > This might be mostly a taste question, I don't like the font size and
> > line spacing in sphinx css. I find smaller fonts and smaller line
> > spacing much easier to follow and much faster to skim for relevant
> > parts.

> > compare
> > http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy-docs/stats.rst/#stats

> > with sphinx rendered
> > http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/stats.html

> The font size in the Sphinx docs is indeed a bit large: it's the
> browser's default size which may vary across browsers. This should
> probably be fixed.

Please don't change it. Screens are getting big nowadays and larger font
are easier to read. These fonts are not especially large. They are just
easy on the eye. I find myself browsing the web with the fonts blown up
all the time, and it screws the rendering of websites. For people with
small screens (eg laptops), they can reduce the font size (Ctrl-). Just
make it good for the majority of people.

Gaël