[SciPy-dev] segmentation with scipy+icc during test

Fri Dec 5 14:46:14 CST 2008

2008/12/5 Stijn De Weirdt <stijn.deweirdt@ugent.be>:
> hi,
>
> just to be clear, i'm not asking any advice how to build scipy with icc,
> i just want to now how to debug the problem and skip some of the tests.
>
> to get back to the link blog: what is described there is a numpy issue

It's an MKL issue with every library that is linked against the
dynamic libraries. Thus Scipy.

> and i dealt with that using the advice the guy got from intel: link mkl
> blas and lapack statically.
> numpy builds and works,

Manually? Did you do the same for scipy ? Because the first time I ran
into this issue was with the FFT functions.
And the guy is me.

 it's scipy that causes the segfault (although
> scipy uses the same build options as numpy. (i'm not saying that the
> segfault has nothing to do with using icc/ifort/icpc, just that it's not
> this specific problem).

Another solution:
- make a simple Python script with the test inside
- call gdb python
- call r script.py

and tell us where it crashes ;)

> i actually just found out that while running the scipy tests, gcc is
> called. i always assumed that scipy takes whatever numpy uses. (it
> seemed to work pretty well). maybe the tests don't?

It may be weave that calls gcc.

--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/