[SciPy-dev] Scipy Tutorial (and updating it)

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Sat Dec 6 03:30:40 CST 2008

> 2008/12/5  <jh@physics.ucf.edu>:
> The "User Guide" name should be reserved
> for a document that is planned from the start to Guide the User in
> tasks of great interest to most users.  What you describe is one step
> up from reference documentation, and it is useful to have, but it is
> not integrative.

Agreed.  However, I believe it makes most sense to aim at solid
reference documentation (module, class & function docstrings), with
instructive/tutorial narrative to make it more palatable wherever
possible.  This approach is most likely to produce consolidated (look
in one place) documentation that can be maintained, simply because it
is achievable using a model of many people contributing incrementally
and relatively independently.  The doc wiki is an excellent tool for
this, and for fleshing out the possible structure of Numpy and Scipy
user guides..

Cheers,
Scott