[SciPy-dev] scipy.optimize.nonlin rewrite

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Mon Dec 15 09:19:29 CST 2008

> This page seems to suggest that "bad Broyden" is used to refer to the
> inverse update using Sherman Morrison, which is what the Wikipedia
> calls "good Broyden".
> http://www.math.buffalo.edu/~pitman/courses/mth437/na3/node3.html
>
> There's also a paper called "On The Discovery of the "Good Broyden"
> method by Broyden himself which I presume would be the final authority
> on which method is which:
> http://www.springerlink.com/content/cvvygkeyv8blm96r/
> (Needs Springer access to download ... which I don't have.)

Bill, thanks for the tip. I sent you the article offlist.

Pauli --- do you have any comments to the discussion?  After we agree
on a better naming, I'll then try to use your branch at github and
help you polish it so that both my and your codes run well and then we
can push it to scipy. What do you think?

Ondrej