[SciPy-dev] almost doubled the number of tests

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Wed Dec 31 00:28:38 CST 2008

In preparation for the upcoming release, I was comparing the number of
tests in 0.6.0 to the number on the trunk:
  0.6.0:  Ran 2266 tests in 203.503s
  Trunk: Ran 3990 tests in 392.357s

I knew that a large number of test had been written over the last
year, but I was very pleased to see that we nearly doubled the number.
 Thanks to everyone who contributed new tests over the last year.
Increasing our test coverage is extremely important.   Importantly, it
makes it easier to refactor the code without worrying about
regressions creeping in without being noticed.  Hopefully, this trend
will continue and we will add nearly 2000 new tests over the next
year.

Jarrod