[SciPy-dev] openopt example mmp_1.py

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Sun Feb 3 13:21:25 CST 2008

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 00:21:45 +0200
  dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko@scipy.org> wrote:
> I don't know what's the matter, everything works well
>for me, including
> latest revision checked out from svn into separate dir &
>python setup.py
> install + python mmp_1.py.
>
> Could anyone else check the example?
>
> Nils, could you add line "print type(ind)" before
>objFunRelated.py line
> 358, run "python setup.py install" and run "python
>mmp_1.py"? Maybe it
> will help to fix the bug.
> However, I guess it could be solved via simple cleanup
>and checkout OO
> from svn repository.
>
> Regards, D.

Hi Dmitrey,

A fresh install works for me. Thank you very much.

The next problem comes with nlp_d2f.py

/usr/bin/python -i
svn/openopt/scikits/openopt/examples/nlp_d2f.py
incorrect solver is called, maybe the solver "scipy_ncg"
is not installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "svn/openopt/scikits/openopt/examples/nlp_d2f.py",
line 21, in ?
     r = p.solve('scipy_ncg')
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scikits/openopt/Kernel/BaseProblem.py",
line 207, in solve
     return runProbSolver(self, solvers, *args, **kwargs)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scikits/openopt/Kernel/runProbSolver.py",
line 24, in runProbSolver
     p.err('incorrect solver is called, maybe the solver
"' + solver_str +'" is not installed')
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scikits/openopt/Kernel/oologfcn.py",
line 12, in ooerr
     raise OpenOptException(msg)
oologfcn.OpenOptException: <oologfcn.OpenOptException
instance at 0x42f2808c>

Nils