[SciPy-dev] help with svn (umfpack scikit)
Wed Feb 6 08:19:02 CST 2008
Hi Jonathan, and all,
I have encountered some problems (explanation below), so I would like to
- should I preserve the revision history at all? the easiest thing to do
is to start the umfpack scikit as a new project.
- did any of scikit authors preserved SVN revision history of their
codes prior to making them scikits?
Jonathan Guyer wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Robert Cimrman wrote:
>> I would like to preserve the SVN history of umpfack.py and related
>> files after I move them to the umfpack scikit. Is it possible
> Yes, although depending on the exact nature of the migration, it can
> be a bit tedious:
> I've done it a couple of times with pretty good sized projects,
> though, so it's certainly feasible.
As I understand the doc, the following must be done:
1. svnadmin dump scipy/.svn > scipy_dump
2. svndumpfilter include scipy/scipy/linsolve/umfpack < scipy_dump >
3. edit umfpack_dump, tweaking the Node-path and Node-copyfrom-path headers
4. something like: svnadmin create umfpack; svnadmin load umfpack <
umfpack_dump (this step is not yet clear to me - how to add it into the
scikits directory structure).
However, step 1, when done on my working copy, leads to:
$ svnadmin dump scipy/.svn > scipy_dump
svnadmin: Expected repository format '3' or '5'; found format '8'
I googled and found that the dump must be done on the primary
repository. Can somebody make that dump for me, if it is worth the effort?
ps: long live mercurial, where anybody has the full repository!
More information about the Scipy-dev