[SciPy-dev] Probs with numpy/scipy on Itanium 64Bit with Intel Compilers with SCSL libs.

Julien Le Sommer lesommer@hmg.inpg...
Fri Feb 15 06:44:58 CST 2008

Hello,

We are working hard to compile scipy on our box. We have already sent
a post on this list but so far we haven't managed to install scipy yet, see
:
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2007-November/007998.html

here is the problem : we are trying to compile numpy/scipy with
intel compilers on a box of itanium processors with the SCSL library.

the problem is that both numpy and scipy seem to loose track of the
fortran compiler configuration during their build_ext phase even though
this configuration is recognized during the build_clib phase, giving this
log message.

customize IntelItaniumFCompiler

warning: build_ext: f77_compiler=intele is not available.

the prob is the same when python has been compiled with gcc or with intel c
compiler.

the prob doesn't seems to be related to scsl lib at all but only to the
handling of intel
compiler for Itanium .

some help would be much appreciated. In particular, is there a Intel/Itanium
implementation
of scipy/numpy somewhere that we could get some information about ?

thanks for your help

--
   Julien Le Sommer, LEGI/MEOM,
   BP53, 38041 Grenoble cedex 9, France