[SciPy-dev] Probs with numpy/scipy on Itanium 64Bit with Intel Compilers with SCSL libs.

Fri Feb 15 06:49:03 CST 2008

Julien Le Sommer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are working hard to compile scipy on our box. We have already sent
> a post on this list but so far we haven't managed to install scipy
> yet, see :
> http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2007-November/007998.html
> <http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2007-November/007998.html>
>
> here is the problem : we are trying to compile numpy/scipy with
> intel compilers on a box of itanium processors with the SCSL library.
>
> the problem is that both numpy and scipy seem to loose track of the
> fortran compiler configuration during their build_ext phase even though
> this configuration is recognized during the build_clib phase, giving this
> log message.
>
>     customize IntelItaniumFCompiler
>
>     warning: build_ext: f77_compiler=intele is not available.
>

> the prob is the same when python has been compiled with gcc or with
> intel c compiler.
>
> the prob doesn't seems to be related to scsl lib at all but only to
> the handling of intel
> compiler for Itanium .
>
> some help would be much appreciated. In particular, is there a
> Intel/Itanium implementation
> of scipy/numpy somewhere that we could get some information about ?

If you could give one of us a shell access to a computer where
everything is installed to build numpy/scipy on an itanium, it would be
much easier to solve the problem,

cheers,

David