[SciPy-dev] ANN: Enthought Python Distribution - Beta

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Feb 27 23:18:29 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:27 PM, John Ollinger <ollinger@wisc.edu> wrote:
> What exactly is the relationship between Enthought and the scipy developers

Enthought employs a few of them, namely Travis Oliphant and myself.
Enthought, Travis Oliphant, and Pearu Peterson made the initial
contributions that started the scipy project in the first place.
Enthought hosts scipy.org. Enthought contributes a fair amount of time
and money to numpy and scipy development, still.

> and how will it affect future releases of scipy and numpy?

Travis and I will be able to work on them, mostly. What are you
worried about happening?

> Will scipy
> evolve to the point where the Enthought version is required for all
> practical purposes?

No.

--
Robert Kern