[SciPy-dev] ANN: Enthought Python Distribution - Beta

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Thu Feb 28 14:03:36 CST 2008

Hi,

>  But all of that would be incredibly stupid of us. Our support of scipy
>  has been one of the most substantial advertisements for our consulting
>  services. For a long time, it was our *only* advertisement.

All good reasonable points.  I guess the call here is whether charging
companies and government institutions for the bundle will have a small
enough deterrent effect on those trying out scientific python to be an
insignificant barrier to its uptake,

Matthew