[SciPy-dev] ANN: Enthought Python Distribution - Beta

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Thu Feb 28 14:45:01 CST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Matthew Brett apparently wrote:
> I guess the call here is whether charging companies and
> government institutions for the bundle will have a small
> enough deterrent effect on those trying out scientific
> python to be an insignificant barrier to its uptake,

In quite a few cases, this will probably *increase*
interest.  It's an odd world...

But the most important things to stimulate interest
from government and large business is an established
reputation and the availability of paid support.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac