[SciPy-dev] ANN: Enthought Python Distribution - Beta

Friedrich, Robin K Robin.K.Friedrich@usa-spaceops....
Fri Feb 29 13:52:30 CST 2008

Understood. Yes this all sounds very reasonable.
Might I inquire about the availability of the Mac 10.5 EPD bundle? Will it be available prior to PyCon. I want to configure my MacBook with it. Installing
from scratch is not working right now due to VTK and VTK isn't building from source for me on Leopard.
Thanks,
Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: scipy-dev-bounces@scipy.org [mailto:scipy-dev-bounces@scipy.org] On Behalf Of Travis E. Oliphant
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 1:03 AM
To: SciPy Developers List
Subject: Re: [SciPy-dev] ANN: Enthought Python Distribution - Beta

Remember that you can download EPD without paying anything and feel perfectly fine about it if you are just trying out the software and have not decided to
use it in your work.

Once you decide to make serious use of Python (assuming you will want multiple packages), and want the help maintaining binaries, you can manage this in
many ways:

1) A site-wide yearly subscription that would let you install it on as many machines as you like
2) Purchasing individual subscriptions for the users that do rely on it.

We are really hoping that EPD will help more people than it hurts and trying to make the terms as agreeable as possible (while still enabling us to produce
EPD).

Best regards,

-Travis Oliphant
Enthought, Inc.