[SciPy-dev] Scipy server suffering again...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 13 11:15:30 CST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 4:12 PM, J. Ryan Earl <jre@enthought.com> wrote:

> > So now the CPU is pegged through the roof.  That's something I can't do
> > anything about.  =(

Well, I saw that again for a while: I was trying to do some mailman
admin work and the server was just hanging forever.  I've taken to the
habit of always being logged into the server with top running in a
terminal whenever I do anything, since it's about the only way of
having an idea of whether any particular action has a hope of
succeeding or not.  In this case it didn't, and the culprit seemed to
be an apache process pegging the CPU at 100% for a long time, with a
load level of about 3.

I went to do other things and after a while I could get mailman to
respond, so I could finish what I was trying to do.

Just more data for you...

Cheers,