[SciPy-dev] Status of weave

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Tue Jan 15 09:59:50 CST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 3:33 PM, C. Ball <ceball@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I have no idea about how the converters work, or how much work it
> would be to add a conversion for 'O'. Can anyone comment on that (how
> much work it would be), or on any related plans he/she might have for
> developing weave?

As far as I know, no one is answering this question about development
plans for weave because no one has plans to further develop weave.
The recent work on weave was mostly a result of the SciPy sprint in
December.  We were basically trying to clean it up and get it passing
all its tests.  We decided to devote some attention to it because no
one is actively developing or maintaining it.  If you are interested
in working on weave, that would be a great service to the community.
If not, I am afraid you will unfortunately need to convince someone to
work on this for you or go without this feature for now.  Eventually
someone may take an interest in further developing it.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley