[SciPy-dev] Mac leopard and scipy sparse status

John Ollinger ollinger@wisc....
Wed Jan 16 08:29:12 CST 2008

I was premature when I concluded that the problem was in the sparse matrix
package.  At this point I don't know where it is occurring.  Thanks for the
response and I apolgize for the unnecessary post.

John

On Jan 16, 2008 4:57 AM, Nathan Bell <wnbell@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2008 1:00 PM, John Ollinger <ollinger@wisc.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I have been porting my numpy/scipy apps to my new imac for the last week
> or
> > so , and have been getting seg faults in the sparse matrix package for
> the
> > available binary build.  I  rebuilt lapack, atlas, umfpack and numpy
> from
> > sources without problems, but the scipy build crashes while wrapping
> > umfpack.  I recall seeing some traffic about modifications to the sparse
> > matrix package, and am wondering if I should get the svn version of this
> > package before I starting working on the problem.  It is probably just a
> > change in the swig include file, but  I use this package a lot and would
> > like to start with  a more recent version if there have been significant
> > changes.
>
> When you say "seg faults in the sparse matrix package" do you mean
> problems with UMFPACK/SuperLU or general sparse problems?
>
> Also, what error do you get when wrapping UMFPACK?  Do you have a
> recent version of SWIG installed?
>

> --
> Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com
> http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/<http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/%7Ewnbell/>