[SciPy-dev] Status of weave

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Thu Jan 17 10:42:31 CST 2008

On Thu, January 17, 2008 6:18 pm, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> This is not quite accurate.  Eric has spent time recently, in fact on
> updating and fixing the weave type converters.   I don't know of plans
> to support 'O' types, but I don't believe it would be difficult with
> what I know about it.
>
> There has also been talk of merging f2py and weave together into a
> larger compiled-code library and/or subsuming weave into f2py (depending
> on who does what work...)

Anyone, who is planning to take this work, please let me know as this task
is in the top part of my todo list. We could create a google
project, for instance, that would aim at merging f2py/weave/extgen
and other extension generator tools to use a unified extension generator
library. I have done lots of work in this direction already.
At the moment I am invloved in developing sympycore but the above
would be my next project when sympycore takes it shape.

Regards,
Pearu