[SciPy-dev] scikits: mailing list for tickets, etc...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 18 01:26:43 CST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 10:05 PM, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Since the deprecation of the sandboxes, I think it is reasonable to
> expect more people getting scikits. Would it be possible to get at least
> a ML for the tickets and svn commit ? Ideally, a ML for users/dev would
> be good, too,

-1 on separate user/dev lists.  I think if the traffic for scikits
really grows out of control that may become necessary, but at least
initially it might be beneficial to keep those discussions together
with the rest of scipy.  That would provide a mechanism for all to
learn about useful toolkits, it would promote better interoperability
and flow of ideas/code into the core (when appropriate), etc. Having
separate lists seems to me like an unnecessary extra barrier in this
case.

Cheers,