[SciPy-dev] Status of arpack

Arnar Flatberg arnar.flatberg@gmail....
Fri Jan 18 06:30:12 CST 2008

Hi,
Ive been using the sandbox version for a while, and have experienced
no problems with the *patched* version. However, FYI, the highlevel
interface (arpack.eigen and arpack.eigen_symmetric) still doesnt
implement the generalised eigendecomposition, which may be important
to you. (Im guessing that you will use this for the manifold learning
scikit, and lots of these algortihms commonly use gen.eig). I dont
think this would be terrible hard to implement (arpack.speigs supports
it) and would be nice to add  prior to inclusion in the trunk.

Arnar