[SciPy-dev] The future of the scipy.sandbox and a reminder of upcoming doc-day

Tue Jan 22 07:43:38 CST 2008

> > I'd like to see arpack in the sparse folder (?) very fast as some my
> code
> > would need a sparse solver (I proposed that it could be moved in a
> scikit
> > but it makes sense to keep it in scipy so that sparse solvers are
> available
> > in scipy).
>
> Yes, arpack should go into the sparse package.  If you have the time,
> it would be great if you could help get it moved over.  Ideally, we
> can get it moved into scipy.sparse before the 0.7 release around the
> end of March.

I have some time to do this (besides I need the package), so if the
whereabouts of arpack are solved (ie where it should be put with which
interface), , I can help moving arpack from the sandbox to the trunk and
apply the long awaited patch (if I'm given commits privileges).

Matthieu
--
French PhD student