[SciPy-dev] timeseries moved to scikits

Francesc Altet faltet@carabos....
Thu Jan 24 10:16:35 CST 2008

A Thursday 24 January 2008, David Huard escrigué:
> Hum. This was for Bradford. In any case, if anyone has suggestions or
> ideas about the implementation details, please chime in !

Yeah.  I've some

> 2008/1/24, David Huard <david.huard@gmail.com>:
> > Hi Bradford,
> >
> > Before putting too much time on our respective side, maybe we
> > should discuss the basic implementation plan to make sure we agree
> > on requirements and the general layout of the code.
> >
> > 1) In my draft, I divided the date sequence, the data and the mask
> > into three separate entities. Do this seem also reasonable to you ?
> >
> > 2) Data is stored in a table for record arrays, and EArrray for
> > simple ndarrays. Using this setup, object arrays cannot be stored.
> > One solution could be to convert them to record arrays and store
> > them in a table with a flag indicating that when loaded, the data
> > should be returned as an object array.

Perhaps another more elegant solution would be to use a VLArray using an
ObjectAtom pseudo-atom.

> > 3) Dates are stored in a ISO compliant string EArray. I used EArray
> > because they are enlargeable. This could become handy eventually,
> > but I don't know if there are any counter-indications (file size,
> > load speed, etc)

Do not expect problems with that, but if you want to be sure that you
are getting maximum load speed, you should specify the `expectedrows`
argument in EArray constructor (see section 5.1 of manual for an
explanation on why).

Cheers,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"