[SciPy-dev] from scipy import * in r4484 doesn't load submodules

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Jul 3 03:00:59 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 02:58, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It was so in Scipy 0.6 that

> imported also the submodules 'optimize', 'integrate', 'special',
> 'linalg', etc, etc. to the namespace.
>
> It seems that this has changed in Scipy 0.7 SVN since that. Is removing
> these from __all__ and the API change intentional? (If it is, getting it
> to release notes would be nice.)

Yes. These were intended to have been removed long, long ago. They do
not exist with just "import scipy". Their presence with "from scipy
import *" was a bug that got fixed.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."