[SciPy-dev] Summer Doc Marathon status report and request for more writers

nicky van foreest vanforeest@gmail....
Tue Jul 8 15:43:33 CDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry for a perhaps very basic question.

I just took up the task of reviewing some entries. In the entry on the
arccos I found an example that runs nearly out of the box. However,
the example states to import matplotlib, while the demos on matplotlib
use "from pylab import *". Is there any policy on what would be the
"most" correct way to import libraries. Besides this, should examples
always include the string "import numpy as np", or is this implicit?
The problem is that I now had to complete the example with this
import.  I would prefer to use examples in the documentation that
works completely foolproof, hence, include the string "import numpy as
np" wherever appropriate. What is the policy on this?

Thanks

bye

Nicky